Day 652 Tuesday October 30, 2018 929 Days to Go
We now have three incidents within the last month all of which are directly attributable to our president’s behavior:
The murder of a Washington Post reporter by Saudi Arabia in Istanbul because the president said the press is the enemy of the people,
The sending of pipebombs to people the president has continually verbally attacked at his rallies,
The murder of eleven people at a synagogue due to the president saying there’s a caravan coming to invade this country.
You can spin this anyway you want but what’s very clear is that the president’s attitude and remarks have consequences and we are seeing those consequences play out on the world stage, in our nation, and in our neighborhoods.
There is a lot of fear. Most of it stoked by the president and his allies. There was a period of a few hours when people said the president acted presidential when he read lifelessly from a teleprompter. Then hours later he was back at one of his rallies saying the same old stuff. He thought he was being presidential because for a while he wasn’t screaming it like he normally does. Now “Lock Her Up” or “Lock Him Up” are standard rhetoric at his rallies.
What has this president accomplished since he has been in office:
– He has either not filled many jobs in the government leaving agencies and bureaus wondering what direction to take or,
– Positions he has filled have been either people with no experience and no interest in the job, or by people who want to destroy or privatize the very agency they were put in charge of,
– He has pulled us out of treaties around the world, thus leaving us smaller and weaker,
– He has met with despots and dictators and has an affinity for them, which has emboldened them to act in ways detrimental to the U.S. and why shouldn’t they? They know he won’t stop them.
– He has attacked our allies: politically, economically, and diplomatically,
– He has encouraged violence and hatred not only at home but abroad,
– He has filled many open judgeships with not conservative but far right leaning judges. That legacy will be with us for decades to come.
– He has demonstrated a lack of understanding of diplomacy and competency when it comes to being president and he has demonstrated time and time again that he has no interest in learning.
– He has passed tax cuts that help the 1% but also the one tenth of the 1% more than anyone else. I’m talking like over 80% of the cut going to those individuals. The individuals who need it the least.
– He has indebted our nation to the tune of trillions of dollars.
– He has put in place tariffs with our trading partners the short term effects we are beginning to see in the rapid decline of the stock market.
And yet there are those who think “I’ll stick with him.” When I’ve asked why I get attacked, pointed to silly right wing websites, or I get nothing.
The Republicans still have a chance to pull this election out of the bag. Voter suppression may not be enough. They may turn to outright cheating as has been reported in several states already. It seems easy enough to do because they did nothing to protect our election system.
We have a chance. It is a slim one. To vote them out of office.
VOTE VOTE VOTE
Your life may very well depend on it.
( 7 days til the election. Vote early or get to your polling place on the 6th. If you live in N.C., Kansas, Georgia, or any of the swing states try to vote early. You may have been “purged” via dirty tricks by Republicans in those states.)
929 Days to Go
PS Erdo points the way.