Day 588 Thursday August 30, 2018 990 Days to Go
Well my god, where to start?
1. Andrew Gillum’s big win in Florida? Democratic turn out was up 70%.
2. Gillum’s opponent who has done little campaigning but had over 130 appearances on Fox (worth $9.3M) has said “ we shouldn’t monkey around” … whatever?
3. Gillum’s buddy who says he’s not a racist?
4. The administration’s new policy to deny U.S. citizens passports because 50-60 years ago some midwives delivered babies that may have actually been born in Mexico but they put them down as being born here?
5. The NBC report that there’s a website that churns out stories about pedophiles and links them to various businesses like Voodoo Donuts, Thank-you Jesus Ice Cream, and yes Ping-Pong Pizza (famous for its running a child porn ring out of its basement when the building is on a slab of concrete and has no basement)?
6. The Republican Excel spreadsheet that Axios reports has listed numerous investigations that the Democrats could launch if they take over the House?
Let’s do numbers 1, 2, and 3 first. Gillum a black man won the Democratic nod in a four way race. Easily outdistancing the Dem Party pick. Why? He went all over the state. He spoke to people about health care and wages. About getting rid of I.C.E. about impeaching Trump. Democrats responded.
Gillum’s opponent went on Fox News over and over again. He didn’t campaign in the state. He didn’t talk about bread and butter issues. He’s called Gillum a socialist and said we can’t stop the progress Trump has made. He’s run adds showing him reading Trump nonsense to his little kids, and showing one of his kids building a wall out of cardboard blocks. Then he made the “We shouldn’t monkey around” comment. He says it’s not racist. He said he won’t apologize because he has nothing to apologize for. His buddy was on TV saying he knows the guy and he’s not racist.
I have news for the buddy and for DeSantis – HE’S A RACIST. DeSantist = Racist.
As far as the progress DeSantis claims, I ask, “What progress?” The economy is up and wages are down.
How is that helping the average person.
I say let’s stop this “progress” and help people obtain a living wage, decent education, and good health care.
(I know. Crazy left wing socialism. To which I say, “Stick it.”)
#4 – Yup, the administration has figured out a new way to screw with U.S. citizens. If you were born on the U.S. border near Mexico they won’t renew your passport. Why? Fifty – sixty years ago some midwives were found guilty of claiming some babies born in Mexico that they delivered were recorded as being born in the U.S. What to do? Why it’s simple. Deny everybody near the border a passport now. I don’t know why but it seems to me Stephen Miller’s odious breath is all over this one.
#5 Below is a link the the NBC news story about this group of former Breitbart folks who are spewing out garbage that I guess is too toxic even for Breitbart.
Did you know there are secret tunnels connecting elementary schools to business that run child sex and porn rings? Did you know that in some cases they use submarines to transport the kids to and from these places via the city water system?
And people like Ted Cruz, Devin Nunes, Steve Scalise and the Rep Nat Congressional Committee have fund raised with them. Nice.
#6 Axois got hold of an Excel spreadsheet listing many different investigations Democrats could begin if the Reps lose the House. I have cut and pasted the 18 the Axios article listed. Be aware, there are more.
It has churned Republican stomachs. Here are some of the probes it predicts:
- President Trump’s tax returns
- Trump family businesses — and whether they comply with the Constitution’s emoluments clause, including the Chinese trademark grant to the Trump Organization
- Trump’s dealings with Russia, including the president’s preparation for his meeting with Vladimir Putin
- The payment to Stephanie Clifford — a.k.a. Stormy Daniels
- James Comey’s firing
- Trump’s firing of U.S. attorneys
- Trump’s proposed transgender ban for the military
- Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin’s business dealings
- White House staff’s personal email use
- Cabinet secretary travel, office expenses, and other misused perks
- Discussion of classified information at Mar-a-Lago
- Jared Kushner’s ethics law compliance
- Dismissal of members of the EPA board of scientific counselors
- The travel ban
- Family separation policy
- Hurricane response in Puerto Rico
- Election security and hacking attempts
- White House security clearances
The spreadsheet — which I’m told originated in a senior House Republican office — catalogs more than 100 formal requests from House Democrats this Congress, spanning nearly every committee.
- The spreadsheet includes requests for administration officials to be grilled by committee staff, requests for hearings to obtain sworn testimony, efforts to seize communications about controversial policies and personnel decisions, and subpoena threats.
- These demands would turn the Trump White House into a 24/7 legal defense operation.
#7 Donald Trump is mad at the media for being unfair to him.
#8 Don McGahn, White House Counsel, is leaving in September. McGahn one of the few competent people in the White House and with whom I have many differences is leaving. It was McGahn who pushed through so many right wing nominees for judgeships and has been working to jam Brett Kavanaugh down our throats.
Interestingly, there is a wealth of paperwork in the National Archives on Kavanaugh that is being blocked by Republicans from letting folks see it. Only 6% has been revealed. Has the 130 page dossier Kavanaugh wrote up for Ken Starr been released? The one that specifically wanted to know every detail of Bill Clinton’s sexual actions with Monica Lewinsky?
#9 It has been reported that Michael Cohen and Trump tried to buy decades of bad stories about Trump.
And we haven’t even touched on the Russian hacking.
Have a nice day.
990 Days to Go
PS Banana bread batter bundt (say 3 times quickly) – pan in the InstaPot before baking and before putting on aluminum foil.