Late Posting due to travel
“11” “66” sounds like an ominous number. “1066” is of course an important number. It’s the last time England was invaded. We have been invaded so I guess 2018 will live in infamy, or obscurity, depending on your point of view.
Not much has gone on:
- more people quit the White House
- Carl Ichan dumped his steel stocks just before Trump announced the idea of an embargo
- Cohn quit over that little dumb move (the embargo)
- Some unknown from the UAE has become a central figure in the Russia investigation. Turns out he’s been in on all kinds of back channel meetings. Seychelles? Check. Russians Trump Tower – check. Turns out he runs a fund that pumps billions onto various influence campaigns around the world. Some of that money it is believed came from Russia. Some of that money went to the Trump campaign. If so that’s a crime. But don’t worry, Donnie didn’t know. Just ask him.
- And some guy says he won’t comply with the subpoena from the Mueller investigation. He’s got three reasons: it’s too much work; he’s busy; Roger Stone is like a father to him and he won’t throw Roger under the bus. To which I answer, in order: tough shit, you won’t be that busy when you are in jail, you don’t get to tell the Special Prosecutor what questions he’ll ask you.
Bobby Three Sticks don’t play. He doesn’t laugh. He rarely smiles. If he asks you a question, he expects you to answer it. If he tells someone to do something, he expects them to do it.
What was interesting to watch was this knucklehead going from show to show saying stupid stuff. The earlier shows said they smelled alcohol on his breath. By the time he got to the six o’clock show he was beginning to sober up. When a lawyer and three former Federal prosecutors explained exactly what would happen to him if he didn’t comply I could see his eyes shifting back and forth – considering. Maybe, he was going to change his stance? You’re damn right he will. Bobby will crack him like an egg. I loved his, “I’m not going to jail” statement. When the three women former prosecutors said basically, “Oh yes you will.” His eyes got really shifty back and forth. As if to say, “Really? Ya think so?” the answer from the women former prosecutors was not “Ya think?” but “Yeah.”
Then there’s the rumor that Putin killed off the idea of Mitt Romney being Secretary of State. He liked Tillerson better. What a surprise!
1,166 Days to Go
PS Tzikin Tzakan